ISWZA-L is the general alumni mailing list of Omicron Zeta of the Lambda Chi Alpha Fraternity, at Cornell University.
The list is used primarily to distribute news, event announcements, writeups on chapter history and traditions, and other items of interest to Cornell Lambda Chis. On average, a message goes out about twice a month.
Originally created January 12, 1995, ISWZA-L is hosted on Cornell University’s e-list system and managed by Bros. Jason Cho '98 and Mark Fernau ’82.
Joining and leaving ISWZA-L
To join, use the form below:
If you are behind a corporate firewall and the form above times out, you can also subscribe via email. Simply send a message to [email protected] with a blank subject line and the word “join” in the body. You must send this message from the e-mail address where you want to receive e-mail from ISWZA-L.
Use the link provided in each list-distributed email to unsubscribe, or use this form:
To leave the list by email, send a plain text message to [email protected] with a blank subject line and the word “leave” in the body.
Participating on the list
To send to the list, send your message as an ordinary e-mail to [email protected]. The list is not currently actively moderated, so we ask that brothers use discretion.
- ISWZA-L is not a secure forum; non-subscribers such as network administrators can read all postings. Do not send sensitive personal information or posts referencing to the initiation ritual or other fraternity secrets.
- Send only items of interest to a broad cross-section of brothers across generations; thus, messages that are hateful, prurient, or overtly political or religious in nature are unwelcome.
- Send personally authored e-mail only. For example, writing a message about your new job as a product manager or campaign staffer is acceptable. Sending ISWZA-L the marketing newsletter for the product or the position paper for the candidate is not.
- avoid sending attachments of any kind.
Don’t be offended
- E-mail mixes the casualness of banter and the power of the written word with the immediacy of online communication. It can be difficult to convey and to interpret an intended tone.
- Cornell, Cornell students, and the Cornell fraternity system are constantly evolving, and Omicron Zeta has adapted to remain strong. Practices and traditions will change, but this change does not alter or diminish the core value of brotherhood.
- An atmosphere of political correctness stifles discourse. Address e-mails you find problematic directly with the poster, not with the entire list.
ISWZA-L is not a substitute for the Omicron Oracle (Omicron Records Office, P.O. Box 876, Ithaca, NY 14851). Unless specifically requested, address and telephone information made available over ISWZA-L will not be reported to Cornell University, Lambda Chi Alpha International Headquarters, or the alumni records office.
Other mailing lists have been set up for officers of the Omicron Alumni Association and ISWZA Fraternity, for the alumni advisory board. Contact Jason Cho ’98 or Mark Fernau ’82 if you are not subscribed to any lists to which you believe you should be subscribed.