Active Chapter and Rush
Lambda Chi Alpha leads by example and precept. We may excel on the social calendar and the intramural fields, we may take pride in our traditions and high ideals, but above all, what makes a Lambda Chi is his devotion to his brothers.
- Chapter Officers
- Spring 2014 officers and executive committee members of the active chapter.
- Rush Lambda Chi Alpha
- Joining the fraternity of honest friendship, and information about our recruitment process.
Activities and Programs
- Matthew Patrick Omans Fund
- Information about the fund established in memory of Bro. Matt Omans ’10.
- Michael Helwig Memorial Scholarship
- Information about the scholarship established in memory of Bro. Michael Helwig ’89.
- Brotherhood Activities
- Whether it’s a day of paintball involving the whole house, working out in our in-house gym, or taking in a movie with just a few of the guys, Lambda Chi works, plays, and lives together. Living together with your best friends is an experience second to none, and with the coming renovation of Edgemoor we look forward to every brother being able to live in. Regardless of our busy schedules and our different interests, all brothers come together nightly for dinner— as we have every night for over a century.
- Philanthropy and Campus Involvement
- For over twenty years, Lambda Chi has sponsored the North American Food Drive, raising food for the needy in the Ithaca area, as well as blood drives with the Red Cross, and an annual sweater sale to benefit the Finger Lakes Alliance for the Mentally Ill. Lambda Chi also strongly supports philanthropies sponsored by other Greek organizations, Tri-Delt's flag football tournament this year.
- You will also find Lambda Chis in every kind of club, organization, and publication around campus, including two current vice presidents of the InterFraternity Council, varsity athletes, and board members of The Cornell Tradition and Meinig Family National Scholars among others.
- Social Program
- Lambda Chi sponsors a diverse and active social program, ranging from our signature events like the Foam Party and the White Rose Formal to mixers with the full range of Cornell sororities and many smaller events.
- Lambda Chi is in intramurals, local sports league and clubs, and Cornell athletics. Many brothers are involved in club sports, including Cornell Barbell, which was founded by a Lambda Chi.
- As Cornell students, we learn to balance work and play. Lambda Chi offers scholarships through our national, and enjoys a GPA higher than the Cornell fraternity average. Our brothers have gone on to many prestigious jobs or medical, law, and graduate programs.
- For Parents
- Information of interest to our parents and families.