Omicron Zeta is one of the oldest chapters of Lambda Chi Alpha, having held its charter continuously since installed on October 11, 1913. The many generations of Cornellian Lambda Chi’s are linked through our common history, our shared traditions, and our timeless ideals.
What is ISWZA?
- The Origins of “ISWZA”
- When Lambda Chi Alpha chartered its twelfth chapter at Cornell in 1913, it accepted a strong local society: Iswza. But what’s an ISWZA? [read a brief introduction to the meaning of “ISWZA”]
- From Mug and Jug to ISWZA
- Before there was Omicron Zeta, there was ISWZA. And before there was ISWZA, there was football, beer, and a rollicking club called Mug and Jug. [read more about the path from friendship to fraternity]
- Omicron Zeta in Lambda Chi Alpha’s Twentieth Year
- A history of the chapter from its origins to 1929, co-written by Ernst Fischer '10 O-34. Omicron Zeta in Lambda Chi Alpha’s Twentieth Year
- Claude E. Mitchell '12 O-1
- Ernst J.C. Fischer '10 O-34 pays tribute to our first initiated brother and how the brothers of Iswza, and then Lambda Chi Alpha, would change his life. [read the story of Claude Mitchell]
- Joseph A. Carr '13 O-3
- Bro. Carr's brother provides some background on the brave brother attached to Army intelligence killed at the Argonne. [read Paul Carr's letter]