Lambda Chi Alpha Ideals
Founded in 1909, Lambda Chi Alpha is one of the largest fraternities in North America, with over 280,000 initiates representing 300 chapters. The Cornell chapter is one of the oldest, having held our charter continuously since our 1913 induction by the founder of Lambda Chi Alpha himself, Warren A. Cole.
We have known since that moment that Lambda Chi Alpha is a values-driven organization. Our high ideals are voiced in our creed, and exemplified in our magnificent Ritual, but most truly expressed in our daily lives, as we strengthen our bond of brotherhood.
Traditions, Principles, and Ideals
- The Seven Core Values
- Loyalty, Duty, Respect, Service, Honor, Integrity, Personal Courage
- Exhortations of Rene d'Anjou
- Lessons for the true gentleman, from the legendary founder of Lambda Chi Alpha.
- Emblems of The Lambda Chi Alpha Fraternity
- Information about the visual symbols of the fraternity, including the coat of arms, the brotherhood badge, and the associate member pin.
- Associate Member Ceremony of Lambda Chi Alpha
- This open ceremony establishes the foundations of new members' acceptance into Lambda Chi Alpha.
- Lambda Chi Alpha's Vision-Mission-Objectives
- Lambda Chi Alpha Fraternity: International Home
- Official site of the General Fraternity and the Lambda Chi Alpha Educational Foundation.
- The Cross and Crescent
- Official site of the national magazine, now exclusively published online.
- Lambda Chi Alpha Policies
- Resolutions state the positions of Lambda Chi Alpha on a variety of topics, particularly where the sentiment of the Fraternity is sought to be included in a policy.