Our chapter house turned 100 years old in 1999, making it one of the oldest continuously occupied fraternity houses at Cornell and within Lambda Chi Alpha nationally.
Construction began in 1898, on the newly laid Edgemoor Lane, and Phi Delta Theta moved in the following year. Lambda Chi pounced on the opportunity to buy the property in 1921, and has clung to it fiercely ever since. Every living brother of Omicron has lived at Edgemoor during his time at Cornell.
To help celebrate the house’s anniversary, The Omicron Oracle asked certain alumni to recall life at the house over the various decades. Their stories are linked below.
- The 1920s: Gracious Living and Brotherhood
- The 1930s: High Spirits in the Depths of The Depression
- The 1940s: The War Temporarily Closes Omicron Zeta
- The 1950s: We Liked Ike… and Dixieland
- The 1960s: Defying the Era’s Stereotypes
- The 1970s: From Dissent to Disco
- The 1980s: An Observer’s Hastily Scribbled Notes